Illustrious


    Today just so happens to be a nasty, rainy day... so, I decided that instead of trying to fight it, I would just give in and in turn stay in. Luckily I rented a couple of movies the other day (Smother, My Best Friend's Girl and Monster in Law) was able to rifle through a few New York Fashion Week images, and read some more of my Who What Wear daily book, which I recently received and have found to be quite fun and informative. I learned how to decipher why I like the designs and designers that I do, and what exactly causes this inclination. After paying close attention to the specific images I found myself saving today, I noticed a pattern. My eyes are quickly drawn to the two extremes; classic and structured cuts using mainly black, gray and white with some kind of metallic detailing, or the other, being color, and lots of it; including floaty fabrics and vintage-inspired prints. I like what I saw from Anna Sui and Vivienne Tam (all color, hippie frocks and wild in idea) as much as simple and classic architectural pieces seen from Doo.Ri and Vena Cava. I also have an inkling that another favorite of mine happens to lie in the super-short or body con fitting. Low slung shoulder bags and hefty platform sandals finish the mystique for me.

    Some stand out pieces that really caught my attention and adoration were the sparkled, short, zebra-print infused, fun frocks from Proenza Schouler. I think it's time to proclaim my crush! Vivienne Tam offered up some bright green dresses that made me want to play Peter Pan in. Carlos Miele melted my heart with his use of wispy fabrics and bursts of color straight from the land of rainbows and unicorns, or so it seemed to me; magical. Charlotte Ronson took aerobic wear and girl's night out wear to merge a simple, fun, yet comfortable, and on top of the trend look. Acid wash bodysuits? Yes, twice!! Phillip Lim, Brian Reyes, and Isaac Mizrahi brought classic, feminine back. Phillip Lim, especially, was able to keep a strong hold on basics and classics while still managing to bring in some fun frills and thrills. Cynthia Steffe stole my heartstrings with her large, floppy bows, pastel gear and minimal makeup. Erin Wasson x RVCA was a hit, once again. See it here. Phi brought back flashbacks of Tomb Raider and Hackers, for me. In fact, I'd love to see Angelina Jolie in any one of these ensembles. Naeem Khan evoked Gothic beauty and The Princess Bride into the overall collection and concept. Marc Jacobs never disappoints, especially when it comes to his bountifully colorful Marc by Marc Jacobs line. Love. Jill Stuart, I just want to tell you how much owning this entire look; head to toe (bag included) would mean to me. Adore! Milly was fun, provocative and full on flirty. A definite keeper. DvF aka Diane von Furstenberg stayed true to her roots. To end with a bang, Dennis Basso seemed to bring every sultry siren from the old pictures back to life through his decadent dresses and sumptuous accessories.


    You're listening to: Orsten | Fleur Blanche

    THANKS FOR THE BIRTHDAY WISHES!!!

    Images from Coutorture

Post Title

Illustrious


Post URL

http://barbarian-scholar.blogspot.com/2009/09/illustrious.html


Visit The Barbarian Scholar for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

Popular Posts