Features





    You can read it in Italian here.


    1. In your opinion what is style?
    Style is about creating an idea, making it your own and then, wearing it with confidence.

    2. Which are the items that are always in your bag and that you don’t go out without?
    Cell phone, spearmint-flavored gum, Chanel glossimer in pailletes, an oversize pair of sun-shielding (sun)glasses, and my part-wallet/part-clutch from Spain.....

    3. Which are your favorite designers?
    Hubert de Givenchy; what he did for Audrey Hepburn was simply amazing, iconic in fact. Diane von Furstenberg; for believing in women and knowing just the right elements necessary to complement and flatter a woman's figure. Alexander Wang; for knowing what the young, and trendsetting want; something both cool and fashion-forward but just as comfortable to wear. Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen; for creating Elizabeth and James as well as The Row, both lines emanating from class, couture and creativity. Yves Saint Laurent; always proper and innovative. Many look to him for inspiration, guidance and direction. When I think YSL, I think classic and I think chic. There are so many more I could name...

    4. Which are your favorite models?
    Natalia Vodianova, fresh-faced, baby-doll cuteness. She's great in front of the camera and can encompass any look with ease. Behati Prinsloo, Ali Stephens, Natasha Poly and Lily Donaldson; for their model-Off-duty on point style. Jen Brill, Tallulah Morton, Taylor Warren .. oh-so many.. :)

    5. Your perfect outfit for the morning.
    Since it’s Summer here now I tend to opt for: casual, a little bit oversized tees, fitted denim pants or cuffed shorts and Grecian sandals…

    6. Your perfect outfit for the night.
    Dark denim, flowy, blousy tops, lots of bangles and shy-high heels or sandals. A cute clutch is always a must.

    7. In your opinion, which is the summer 09 trend?
    FLORALS, FLORALS, FLORALS! :) and…. Acid wash denim, baggy rolled shorts, platforms with mini dresses and I’m hoping the 70’s makes a comeback!

    8. Who/ What inspires/inspired your style?
    Everything; from a beautiful flower, to a Sunny afternoon, or a really great song; Old Hollywood movies play a large role. Even books I read. Fashion is in everything, if you just look for it..

    9. If you had a basic black dress, how would you make it original and stylish?
    Scarves can go a long way. And I’m a firm believer that the right shoes can change just about any look.

    10. Do you customize your clothes? If yes, how do you do it?
    I love to find vintage pieces that are a few sizes too big on me, which I then alter by either shortening the hem (if it’s a dress or skirt) and cinching in the waist with a belt or scarf, thus making it new again.

    11. How do you choose the soundtrack for you blog?
    Whatever happens to be playing on my iTunes mix at the moment or a song I really loved and had to download off of iTunes for my iPod mix. Movies, TV and friends influence me music wise as well. I’m not big on mainstream radio….

    12. Which are the items in your wish list now?
    Zebra prints on bags, Jimmy Choo has the cutest denim-blue and white one. Christopher Kane gorilla-inspired tops. I always change on my ideas of wish list items, but one thing always remains; pretty things that catch my eye.

    13. Heels or flats?
    Right now, heels. Used to be flats though.. Also do ankle boots count?

    14. Is there an item in your wardrobe that you are embarrassed about?
    My Hollister-logo shirts. Use them for the beach now as cover-ups… and my terry cloth and velour matching suits, of course I only wear them inside, when cold or as cover-ups poolside…

    15. The most loved item you have in your wardrobe.
    My Sam Edelman ankle booties. THANK YOU, NICOLE!! xoxo

    16. Why did you start writing on your blog?
    Because I wanted a place to share my own fashion ideas and outfits. I never found a place as perfect as having my own blog. I was mainly influenced by Rumi and the fashion spot forum members to start my own.







    Chicisimo has revamped their look, logo and website and has even included a Bridal Style section. You can check my features out here and here.

Post Title

Features


Post URL

http://barbarian-scholar.blogspot.com/2009/06/features.html


Visit The Barbarian Scholar for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

Popular Posts