Balmain in Paris '09... left me completely breathless.... again!



    Space age chic. Star Wars reminiscent; Princess Leia would so wear all of it. The pinched up, pointy shoulder pads have such a Star Trek feel to them. The over the top (or is it?) sparkle and glitter of the sequins leave me in love yet again!! And what can I say about those chunkified moon boots? Part Marc Jacobs, part Ski Resort and a teeny tiny part Napoleon Dynamite (in a good way!)

    Christophe Decarnin, fresh from a decade's work at Paco Rabanne, has brought Balmain to a whole new level. During last year's collections I was rendered speechless over the Minnetonka-esque heeled booties (thank you Bakers, for making sufficient knock offs!)



    Almost as much as the clothing, I was left in lust over the model lineup; Anja Rubik, Anna Selezneva, Carmen Kass, Elena Melnik, Isabeli Fontana, Kim Noorda, Lily Donaldson, Lara Stone, Magdalena Frackowiak, Natasha Poly, Karmen Pedaru, Sasha Pivovarova, Erin Wasson and Raquel Zimmerman to name a few, and all in one show. I could not have hand selected a better assortment than these lovely ladies to don Balmain a/w 09!

    Dear: Christophe Decarnin,

    I reiterate. I love you and your genius ways. From the Harem balloon pants and rocker leather shrunken jackets to the street style skeleton tee-shirts and leopard print body con dresses; I am forever humbled in your presence.

    PS: The Balmain blue dazzles like champagne. Thanks for making my dreams all fizzy and wonderful.

    xoxo/ Erika.

Post Title

Balmain in Paris '09... left me completely breathless.... again!


Post URL

http://barbarian-scholar.blogspot.com/2009/03/balmain-in-paris-left-me-completely.html


Visit The Barbarian Scholar for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

Popular Posts

Blog Archive